Energy Savings Performance Contracting (“ESPC”) is a unique and extremely effective approach to installing innovative energy efficient capital improvements within current energy and operating budgets.
Beacon is comprised of industry executives that know the energy services industry literally inside out, and who understand how to determine fact from fiction in proposals provided by Energy Services Companies (“ESCOs”). This is especially important as the improvements made under an Energy Savings Performance Contract are financed through reductions in annual energy and operational budgets.
When an ESCO guarantees its projected savings under an ESPC, what does that guarantee actually mean and how is it enforceable? Who assumes the risk of performance? Beacon’s unique experience working on both the ESCO and client-side allows us to discern the risk factors and develop strategies that result in guaranteed performance; not empty promises.
As the Owner’s Agent, Beacon sits on the client’s side of the table and serves as an extension of the client’s organization. Our role includes:
- Solicitation development;
- ESCO proposal response review and evaluation;
- Developing and administering interrogatories with the ESCOs;
- Conducting interviews with the ESCOs;
- Facilitating the selection process, including providing summaries and recommendations;
- Facilitating reference checks;
- Developing, negotiating and assist in the execution of commercial agreements for the technical discovery and analysis, construction and performance phases of the projects;
- Providing full-scope review and assessment of the technical and commercial proposals from ESCOs;
- Providing project/construction management services, including project oversight, contract management and commissioning support; and
- Reviewing and conducting analysis of the first year Measurement and Verification findings.